Thursday 18 August 2011

A Rare Find

Information on the Meteor is pretty much non existent so I was surprised when I stumbled across this advert in Popular Mechanics January 1977. The Meteor was also produced in the US by a company called Link Leisure, presumably under licence from Almarine. They featured a sleeker windshield but were otherwise identical. The information on the engine power is incorrect as I have the Rotax manual for the engine which states 45hp max. The length stated includes the waterjet.


3 comments:

  1. The Meteor is one of the legendary boats of all time. There was also a meteor classic boat released in 1958 called the Lone Star Meteor. It has an edgy design which I like a lot.

    Mark Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. Its certainly a unique boat, being just 10.5ft long and having an inboard engine and jet propulsion.. and back in the 70s!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the proud owner of a Link Leisure Meteor. I found it on Craigslist and the owner had it in his barn for a number of years. It has a Kawasaki 400 cc 2 stroke air cooled engine (snowmobile engine per serial #). It has the original British jet drive. The wind screen and hull are in remarkably fine shape. The controls are also intact. It came as a basket case for $250 with trailer. I am in the process of restoring this little beauty. I was extremely happy to stumble on this site!

    ReplyDelete